Popular Posts

Monday 28 January 2013

Watercolour Painting and Mistakes

Watercolour Painting and Mistakes

You might not know I paint with watercolour paints.
It is a humbling experience - always.
And every painting I share is an absolute gift because it emerged in spite of me :-)

Someone asked me to tell them about this one of my paintings. It is called "Stretching Beyond Safety."

"Oh, it was a mistake,' I said.

"What do you mean it was a mistake? I love it."

"They are flowers from my daughter's garden. I thought it would be neat to do a taller painting but I only had wide paper so I taped off the left side. Then, when it was finished, it looked awful. So, I broke through the tape and painted beyond. It turned out okay. In fact, most of what people say are my best paintings were awful just before they got to be amazing... at least to me... :-) Watercolour painting is about making mistakes and creatively solving them. It is kind of like walking. People write about walking as a constant process of falling down. In fact moving from one place to the other is a process of constantly correcting our mistakes."

"You should write about that in your blog - that is what you talk about.... it's assessment in action."

So here it is.
My blog about mistakes.
Otherwise known as a good life well lived... mistakes made... and learned from :-)

Blessings,
Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment